Window treatments are commonly installed in buildings and homes to block sunlight, minimize glare, and enhance privacy.
Window treatments (e.g. blinds, drapes, shades, and panels) are a cover or modification of the window, often with the goal to enhance aesthetics and increase privacy. What’s great about window treatments is that they are accessible in many different textures, styles, and colors.
However, if you’re looking for a more contemporary window treatment alternative that offers the same benefits while increasing energy efficiency, you should consider window film. In this article, we discusses the pros and cons of windows blinds and film to help you when choosing between them for your home or office.
Window Treatment Pros and Cons
As mentioned above, window treatments are a great option for improving privacy and enhancing your space. Blinds are a relatively inexpensive option for protecting your interior from the sun. Drapes are a great choice for enhancing aesthetics due to the the wide variety of fabrics, patterns, and colors. Below are some of the benefits of window treatments:
- Reduce visible light and glare
- Provide privacy in rooms where you want it
- Offer a wide array of styles to complement your interior
We can all can all agree window treatments aren’t going anywhere anytime soon, but there are some apparent disadvantages that need highlighted. Below are some of the cons of window treatments:
- Window treatments are tedious to clean
- Window treatments do not prevent solar heat from entering your building or home
- Window treatments do not block UV rays or minimize heat gain
- Window treatments do not protect your furnishings from fading
Window Film Pros and Cons
If you’re looking for alternative window treatments, look no further than window film. Comfort, solar protection, safety, privacy, and energy savings are the primary reasons people choose to window films for their offices and homes. Below are some of the benefits of window film:
- Minimizes heat and blocks up to 99% of UV rays
- Prevents flooring, fabrics and other furnishing from fading
- Increases privacy and security
- Reduces glare and does not deter from enjoying outside views
- Provides enhanced security
- Easy to clean and virtually maintenance free
- More affordable than common window treatments
On the other hand, if you’re looking for complete privacy, window film typically isn’t as effective as blinds and curtains. And while window film does offer decorative choices, it’s still not as decorative as blinds or other treatments. This is especially true for those who prefer a more traditional look.
Contact U.S. Film Crew Today
If you’re looking for alternative window film treatments that won’t break the bank, then look no further than U.S. Film Crew, Pittsburgh’s most trusted window film installation company. We provide a wide array of window film choices, all with various purposes to manage a variety of different problems.
In addition to the benefits that we highlighted above, the installation and removal process is quick and easy, especially when it’s installed by a professional, licensed window film specialist. Contact us today at 412-961-8468 today!