If you’re a business owner with a high-traffic commercial location to worry about, you’ve likely already got your hands full. What you may not know, however, is that there are more potential hazards in your workplace besides the sheer volume of foot traffic.
In fact, one of your facility’s most essential features — its windows — may be one of its weakest points. What exactly can be done about it? Fortunately, quite a bit! Commercial window film may be the answer you’ve been looking for.
Before You Google “Commercial Window Tinting Near Me”…
Before we jump the gun and go looking for solutions, there are a few details we should look into first. You’re likely to find a boatload of results when you type “commercial window tinting near me” into your search engine. In order to make a more informed decision, here are five questions you should ask before you start shopping.
1. Why should I invest in commercial window tinting?
Of course, the most essential question to ask before you buy any commercial product is the big “Why” — as in, “Why is window film worth the investment?” What issues can it address for your commercial location?
For starters, commercial window film can address a few essential risks to your workplace, not the least of which is security. Depending on your business, you may need additional privacy measures on your windows or even protective measures against break-ins.
More often than not, there are additional challenges that come from sunlight alone, including greenhouse effects, furniture damage, and even health risks. Commercial window tinting can help to address some of these issues.
2. Are there different varieties of commercial window tinting near me?
The odds are good that there are a ton of window film options for businesses in your area. Here are a few of the varieties you should expect to see in your search:
- Solar window film, which protects against the effects of UV rays
- Security window film, which can reinforce windows against vandalism and break-ins
- Privacy window film, which can prevent outside eyes from peering inward
- Specialty window film, which can provide a decorative touch to your location
3. What kind of window tinting should I have installed?
If you’re looking into window tinting for your business for the first time, there may be some factors to prioritize over others. For example, decorative needs can probably wait when compared to the more pressing threats. Things like security and privacy are highly important but may be secondary matters for your business, depending on your product and clientele.
There are a few common issues, however, that virtually every business has to address, including:
- Excess heat during the summer due to the greenhouse effect
- Loss of heating through the windows during winter months
- Fading and deterioration of furniture and products from UV rays
- Health risks associated with excess sunlight exposure
Fortunately, there’s a specific variety of window tinting that can address all of these issues at once. For protecting your business, a great first step is installing solar window film.
4. How can solar window film help to prevent health risks?
There are some potentially critical health risks associated with sunlight that go under the radar all too often. These are mostly due to UV radiation, a wavelength of sun rays that can cause damage to organic matter on a molecular level. Many business owners don’t realize that simply having windows doesn’t necessarily mitigate UV exposure. Solar window film can be an excellent way to combat this.
It’s crucial for business owners to stay conscious of health risks for both employees and customers in the workplace. An unfortunate effect of UV exposure over time is the increased risk of skin cancer. If your employees spend long hours beside the window, protection from UV radiation is paramount. Solar film is designed to filter out large amounts of UV rays, making your workplace a safer environment for everyone.
5. Who installs the best commercial window tinting near me?
Here’s the million-dollar question. The answer will largely depend on your location, but here are a few things to look for when choosing your commercial window tinting provider:
- A track record of long-lasting installations of window film
- A team of highly experienced professionals
- A base of loyal customers who return for new installations
- A history of work with other companies at commercial locations
If you’re one of the countless businesses across the great state of Pennsylvania, especially in the neighborhood of Pittsburgh, you’re in luck. The Three Rivers area is home to one of the nation’s leading providers of window film solutions: U.S. Film Crew. With decades of experience with commercial and residential locations alike, there’s no better team to protect your business against the health risks of UV Radiation.
Invest in Commercial Window Tinting Today
If you’re ready to invest in the future of your business (and the health of your employees), there’s no time like the present to invest in commercial window tinting.
Get in touch with U.S. Film Crew today for a free quote!